top of page
HOW IS IT PLAYED
Wheelchair Rugby League is an inclusive sport played by anyone. The rules are the same as the running game with slight adaptations to be played in wheelchairs.
- 5 players on each side.
- Tackling: A tackle is performed by pulling a Tag off the opponent
- Play the ball: By replacing the Tag and then tapping the rugby ball on the floor and passing backwards to a team mate.
- Kicking: ‘Kicking’ is performed with a cupped fist
- Scoring a try: A try is scored by placing the ball down over the try line or if you have upper limited abilities you can tap the ball on your wheel when over the line.
- Conversions: Are used with an adapted kicking tee. indoor samba rugby goal posts are used.
bottom of page